martes, 8 de marzo de 2011

OutlookAll2One Beta1

Hi

I've created the free application/AddIn OutlookAll2One.

Why? Simply, my nokia phone only can synchronize with one outlook calendar, and I have multiple calendars (Personal, Work, Family, ...).

Really its a workarround, the application "copy" all calendars you select to a single calendar. And then you can sincronize it with your phone/pda/etc.

To make it 2way synchronization, I put a prefix in the subject of every item, then if you create an item in your phone, and the subject starts with for example "P:", it will be copied to "Personal" calendar (because it is configured with "P" prefix).

The application have a reset button to remove all "duplicated/copied" items.

It's tested in Windows7 64bits and Outlook 2010 32bits.

Download:
       http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22894763/RTKSoft-OutlookUtils.zip

Instructions:

7 comentarios:

  1. Hi Ramon, thanks for posting this, but what do I do with it? I downloaded the .rar and unzipped it, but there are no .exe or installation files. Do I need to drop the whole package into a plug-in folder or something?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sorry, please download it again. Now you will find a "setup.exe".

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thanks, this is exaclty what I need however I have a major issue getting it to work properly.

    Every time I sync my Google calendar (e.g. \\Internet Calendars\family) which is read-only in Outlook, every entry in the Internet calendar gets an additional copy in the Destination Calendar.

    Using the Reset or "Solve Problems" buttons does not remove these entries.

    My workaround is to delete all entries prefixed with F: from the Destination Calendar before each sync. This is very cumbersome.

    Is there a solution for this issue?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Sorry, the problem I supose is the read-only. The application needs to save hidden data in every item to remember where is the "duplicated" item.

    Any possibility to change the read-only?

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi, unfortunately current MS Outlook versions don't offer two-way CalDav functionality, so the only way to subscribe to one's Google Calendar is via read-only ICS feed.

    Would storing the hidden data in the duplicated items work for your application ?

    ResponderEliminar
  6. The data is saved in both items (original and duplicated) to reference each other.

    I will think how to solve the problem. I will say you something ... in the next month, sorry but this month is ... full ;-).

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi, Could you please update link or send me a file? I would appreciate that!

    ResponderEliminar